Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Light in the Darkness

While Craig was preaching on Sunday he touched on something I wanted to share. (There was actually something else as well, but getting a pen out during the service is more interesting to a two and half year old so we just stick with books!)
When we are living in sin, we are living in darkness. Have you ever gotten in your car in a well lit parking lot at night only to get out on the main road away from all the bright lights to find you don't have your headlights on? You notice because without the other lights you are in the darkness. Immediately you turn on your lights, because to drive down the road at night with out lights is crazy.
I guess there are several ways to look at this. You have to have Jesus to have light and you should make sure your light shines. But I really wanted to point out how many church goers are surrounded by the "light" at church but apart from the others with "light" they are in darkness. When it comes down to it they haven't had a personal experience with Jesus, but they are none the wiser because they are just surrounded by the light. Now I realize that not all big churches are the same, but a lot of the mainstream big churches put off just enough light that they have many people fooled.

No comments:

About Me

GA, United States
Mother to Joel, Wife to Craig, Daughter, Friend, Pastor's Wife..I have many ways to describe myself

Thirty One

I am a Thirty One Consultant. Visit my website www.mythirtyone.com/4713 to view the products.